ACE is proud to announce our new redistribution option. We will now be accepting donations on behalf of our top charities, at no additional cost to donors.
Last year, we moved $141,000 to our top charities. This was money that donors personally reported to us or to our top charities as being influenced by our recommendation, which means that we did not account for donations that were made but not reported.
This new system will serve multiple purposes:
- It will make the decision about where to give easier for people who just want to support effective animal charities, but don’t want to do the research to learn about our top charities.
- It will allow us to better track the money we move to our top organizations, thus better understanding our own impact.
- It will make it easier for donors to give, as they won’t have to visit multiple sites to make donations to each of our top charities.
We will offer six simple donation options, all of which are free of fees. They are visually represented on our donate page for easy identification. You can donate to:
- The Humane League (ACE top charity)
- Mercy For Animals (ACE top charity)
- Animal Equality (ACE top charity)
- Animal Charity Evaluators (ACE)
- All three of our top charities (The Humane League, Mercy For Animals, Animal Equality). Donations to this option will be equally split between the three top charities. This option is for those who either don’t have the time to research our top charities or can’t decide which top charity they want to support.
- All three top charities (The Humane League, Mercy For Animals, Animal Equality) and ACE. Donations to this option will be equally divided between the three top charities and ACE (25% each). This option is for those who appreciate the value that we are providing but also want to contribute to our top charities.
We have different funding targets for each of our top charities based on their current budgets and needs. However, we don’t anticipate being in danger of surpassing those targets at this time, hence our decision in option #5 to distribute to each of the three charities equally. If, however, we find that certain charities surpass our target amounts, we may choose to change the percentage allocated to each charity accordingly. This change will not affect any donations made prior to the change, and we will be sure to be very clear and transparent about the change if we decide to change our distributions.
We are currently offering this service free of charge because we do not want to discourage people from using it in any way. We have also recently been awarded a “Best in America” status from the Independent Charities of America organization, a benefit of which is allowing the use of GiveDirect to take in donations. This means that we have further increased our efficiency by eliminating Paypal fees, meaning that apart from staff time managing donations, there are no fees associated with giving to us or our top charities.
Animal Charity Evaluators is a 501(c)3 charitable organization. All donations made in the United States are tax-deductible, including those made to ACE for the purposes of this redistribution option.
Is this a service you would consider using? Is there something we’re not considering that you think we should look into? Let us know in the comments below.